jueves, 14 de noviembre de 2013

Violeta Parra




I think one of the greatest people of Chile, was Violeta Parra. I doubt she's the "best" but what is being the best? I think Violeta is a great representative of the art of the Chilean people (specially the peasantry).
She was a Chilean composer, songwriter, folklorist, ethnomusicologist and visual artist. Parra was born in San Carlos, Ñuble Province, a small town in southern Chile on October 4th of 1917.
I have great proximity to the town of San Carlos since it is where my parents grew up, grandparents’ home (the passed away not long ago) is still there, currently vacant and falling apart, that's very sad. I dream someday to go to that town and build an art center dedicated to Violeta, currently little is spoken about her in these places.
Violet shared with the world the sorrows of the Chilean people, she was brave to say what she thought about the oppression, and not afraid to reach Europe, that means, in my personal opinion she valued what she did, she knew it was gold what she created her hands, and what her songs said, I greatly admire her for this.

If I could ever ask her something, I would like to talk about life, I think her suicide was a failure in her fight, there are many who wanted her dead and she gave them what they wanted. Singing despite the difficulties and growing old in a world so hostile for me, is to win the battle.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario